- PCS to Kadena AB in Okinawa, Japan
- Moved and set up a new home
- Got settled into a new work environment with new people.
- Enrolled and completed 2 College Courses one at UF (Go Gators) and one at UMUC here on the island.
- Became a member of ACE and have volunteered for a few ACE events
- Was a CFC key personnel
- Volunteered for numerous squadron activities
- Working on getting my husband transferred from the National Guard to AF Active Duty (which we are still working on, see post below)
- Last but not least I'm up for BTZ this month, So for almost the last 2 years I have been making sure I'm being the best Airman I can be and utilizing the core values so I can win BTZ (for all you civilians, BTZ- Below the Zone, pretty much means you put on E-4 on 6 months early)
22 December 2009
I know it's been some time since I have blogged but life has kept me busy in these last few months.
In the last 4 months I have:
I'm still getting adjusted to living in another country. It's hard being here without my husband by my side. There is so much I want to do but I don't want to do it without him. On the brighter side when he does finally get here their will be lots to do. This island in filled with adventures upon adventures. If anyone ever comes up to me and tells me they are bored I will laugh at them. It is impossible to get bored here.
The Okinawans are wonderful people. Anywhere you go you always receive the warmest welcomes. They will go out of their way to help you find anything and they absolutely love it when you try to speak the language. (btw: the language is only as hard as you make it) I have picked up a few phrase and I'm planning on taking a class to further my Japanese communication skills.
Here are a few pictures from the last 4 months which include the 18 CE Combat Dining and a few others.
Posted by Jen at 7:04 AM