Today I sat in a meeting with the rest of my office. We had the privilege to meet with our Chief of Operations Mr. Gentz a retired Air Force CMSgt. He is the Boss of all my Boss's. He is a big deal around here. I have met with him on several occasions for work related things. Let me tell you he is one of the greatest speakers I have ever listened too. But today really did it for me. He shared with us some inspiring and motivating information. Now I would like to share it with my reader's out there and pass on the inspiration and motivation.
Own your name and take care of your name, Have pride in what you do, your name is on it.
3 Pea's in a Pod
These 3 things are key to achieving your goals which achieve your dreams.
1) Make success a choice when you wake up.
2) Luck is a matter of preparation meeting opportunity.
5 Keys to Have
1) Staffing- Win this thing together
2) Training- Take advantage of OJT, and other training available to you, never pass it away
3) Planning- Dreams are where we end up, goals are how we got there.
4) Atitude- Stress is your enemy. Pressure is your alliance.
5) Teamwork- A team always beats an individual. As Mr. Gentz put it, you can have the best basketball player in the world but with out teamwork you will never win the title's.
These are just the few key things I picked up today. I hope you find this as useful as I have already. Today after this my brain was really cranking thinking about how I could use these key things to help me become a better Human and Team Player.
"Seize the Moment"
27 January 2010
Posted by Jen at 5:42 AM
26 January 2010
Posted by Jen at 4:43 AM
08 January 2010
So today I found out that I'm deploying to Afghanistan in 10 months. I'm lost for words really. Most People Civilians wouldn't understand what I'm about to say but I'm a little excited. Not excited b/c I'm going to fight a war but excited because this will be a big learning experience for me. I serve my country everyday doing my everyday job in the military but now I will be able to serve my country by helping with the war effort and being part of a team to help accomplish an overall mission.
Posted by Jen at 5:20 AM